Please provide your Name and Email to download the Brochure.
Opportunity. Lifestyle. Adventure.
You’ve decided to take your education further. Where do you start? What career path do you want to follow? What schools can take you there? (Hint: you can do it all in Northern BC)
There’s some good advice at the EducationPlannerBC site.
Successful completion of PCOI 201 or equivalent as indicated by the Industry Training Authority.
After being accepted into the program but before classes begin, students will be required to provide proof of the following certifications:
• Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS).
• Occupational First Aid - Level 1
• FoodSafe Level 1
Academic (minimum grade needed in bracket)
1. It is strongly recommended that you have:
2. If you are a mature student (ie - at least 19 years old on the first day of classes and have been out of the regular school system for at least one year), it is possible to be admitted to the program without meeting the above academic admission. For details, contact a CNC academic advisor.
1. One of:
1. Aside from program entry/admission requirements, there are also specific course registration requirements (called course prerequisites) which are listed within College of New Caledonia’s course description. Check course prerequisites before registering individual courses. If you need help meeting course prerequisites, academic upgrading options are available.
BC High School Graduates require the following for entry into the Bachelor of Science Program:
(*) Approved Grade 12 courses are: Applications of Mathematics, BC First Nations Studies, Biology, Business/Hospitality Management, Calculus, Chemistry, Comparative Civilizations, Economics, English Literature, Français, Français Langue Seconde-Immersion, French, German, Geography, Geology, History, Japanese, Latin, Law, Mandarin, Math Foundations, Middle Earth 12, Physics, Pre-Calculus, Principles of Mathematics, Punjabi, Social Justice, Spanish, Sustainable Resources, Technical and Professional Communications, Writing.
(*) Approved AP and IB (all standard level and higher level) courses can be used in place of any approved Grade 12 Canadian high school course.
(*) Approved Advanced Placement courses are: AP Biology (General), AP Calculus AB or BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science A or AB, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French, AP German, AP History of Art, AP Human Geography, AP Latin, AP Microeconomics/Macroeconomics, AP Music Theory, AP Physics B and/or Physics C, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Literature, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP United States History, AP US Government & Politics, AP World History.
(*) Approved International Baccalaureate courses: IB Biology, IB Business Management, IB Chemistry, IB Computer Science, IB Economics, IB English Language A, IB Environmental Systems, IB French Language A and/or French Language B, IB Geography, IB German, IB Greek, IB History, IB History - Asian, IB History - European, IB History and Culture of the Islamic World, IB Latin, IB Mathematics, IB Further Mathematics, IB Music, IB Philosophy, IB Physics, IB Psychology, IB Social and Cultural Anthropology, IB Spanish A and/or Spanish B.
(**) A fifth Grade 12 course = Any other of the approved Grade 12 courses, and also any Grade 12 course taught in the secondary school including locally-developed courses: e.g. (First Nations Languages), career preparation courses (Construction 12, etc.), or others (Art 12, Band 12, Information Technology 12, Communications 12, CAPP 12, etc.) or any Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate courses.
1. Admission Average = For all provinces, the best grade for each required course will be used (either the course mark or the course mark blended with the provincial exam).
2. Students in other admission categories (eg - Admission from other Post-Secondary Institutions, Mature Student Entry, Special Entry) should refer to the UNBC Admissions page.
This is a graduate program. The search results do not have any further information at this time. Please see the Program Details page for contact information.