Study abroad in Canada, Word Class Education, Study North

Get a globally recognized, world-class education in Canada. If you’re looking to study abroad, it’s hard to beat Northern BC, Canada.

Studying in Canada has cultural diversity like no other. It’s politically stable, peaceful and safe. It has cosmopolitan cities and huge expanses of wilderness.

  • Canada has excellent health care, and medical insurance in Canada is relatively inexpensive.
  • Canadian tuition fees are some of the lowest in English-speaking countries.
  • Degrees from Canadian colleges and universities are recognized around the world as equivalent to those from American or Commonwealth institutions.
  • You can study on your terms and often take your credits with you if you want to change institutions, learn more about your education options here.

Education Quality Assurance

All Study North BC institutions meet the standards for Education Quality Assurance (EQA), British Columbia’s brand for quality post-secondary education. An institution that has EQA designation means it has met or exceeded provincial government-recognized quality assurance standards and offers you consumer protection.  To learn more about Education Quality Assurance, visit the EQA website.

To be eligible to study in Canada:

  • You must obtain a study permit, unless you meet one of the exemption requirements.
  • You must have been accepted by a designated learning institution in Canada.
  • You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
    • tuition fees
    • living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
    • return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
    • You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
    • You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
    • You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.

If your application is approved:

  • A letter of introduction will be sent to you confirming the approval. This letter is not your study permit. Bring the letter of introduction with you to show to immigration officials at the point of entry when you arrive in Canada.
  • An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) will be issued if you are from a country whose citizens need an eTA. 
  •  A visitor visa (temporary resident visa) will be issued if you are from a country whose citizens need a visa.

For more information, visit


Immigration and Citizenship: Studying in Canada

Get a Study Permit

Work while/after you study