Study North Experience, Where Students Thrive -
Study North BC
The Northern BC student experience offers the benefits of living in a city, without becoming just a face in the crowd.
Students in the northern region have access to smaller class sizes, resulting in increased individual attention within your programs, close-knit student communities and a high quality level of education, preparing you for the workforce or your next step in education—but don’t just take our word for it:
- Northern BC college students reported over 90% satisfaction with their education overall.
- 85-90 % of recent Northern BC college graduates believed the topics they studied are relevant to their careers.
- Many industries are based in the Northern heart of province, allowing students to jumpstart their careers upon graduation.
- More than 80% of recent graduates report entering into full time jobs upon graduation.
- The region has the highest full time employment rates in the province.
- There are a projected 55,000 new jobs and job openings between 2015-2025.
- Northern BC is home to leading industries in the province, such as:
- Clean energy
- Oil and gas
Your Education on Your Terms
- There are few waitlists at our institutions, putting you directly into the program of your choice on your terms.
- Many course credits can be transferred from one BC post-secondary institution to another.
- Your choice of a college is not locked-in: you can use the BC Transfer system to change colleges or universities without losing credit for the courses you have completed.
Welcoming and Affordable Communities
- If you live in the North, you can study close to home.
- If you’re from elsewhere, you’ll fit right into the welcoming small-town atmosphere.
- The cost of living in smaller towns can be a fraction of the big city.
- Northern communities offer all of the comforts of home with none of the lineups or wait lists; each community offers excellent recreational facilities, programs, dining and entertainment.
Student Focused Studies
- Northern institutions are smaller: you’ll get to know your professors, teaching staff, advisors and other students personally.
- Academic standards are high and courses are academically equivalent to those at the larger institutions.
Career Track Learning Opportunities
- Technical and trades training courses are aligned to local needs: successful grads have strong job prospects.
- Some colleges have specialized centres for career training in fields including Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Mining, and Clean Energy.
- Each institution offers unique co-op opportunities and the chance to get hands-on learning experiences under your belt.
- Proximity to industry and with a smaller pool of graduates, you benefit from accelerated career opportunities.